- Colston, N., Vadjunec, J., & Fagin, T. (2018). It is always dry here: Examining perceptions about drought and climate change in the Southern High Plains. Environmental Communication.
- Colston, N., Vadjunec, J.M. & Wakeford, T. (2015). Exploring the entry points for citizen science in urban sustainability initiatives. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 17, 66-71.
- Fagin, T. D., Vadjunec, J. M., Colston, N. M., Wenger, K., & Graham, A. (2016). Land tenure and landscape change: A comparison of public-private lands in the southern High Plains. Ecological Processes, 5(12), 1-14.
- CoCoRaHS in schools: Resources for drought monitoring. (2017). Oklahoma State University STEM Teacher Institute. Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Spotty Rain: An online drought monitoring campaign in the Southern High Plains. (2017). 2nd Biannual Citizen Science Association Conference. Twin Cities, Minnesota.
- Adapting to drought in the southern High Plains: A comparative analysis of drought perceptions and adaptive strategies. 36th Annual Oklahoma Governor's Water Symposium and Research Symposium. Norman, Oklahoma.
- Using citizen science to weather Oklahoma’s extremes: Designing and evaluating the impact of an online drought monitoring campaign. (2016). 37th Annual Oklahoma Governor's Water Symposium and Research Symposium. Norman, Oklahoma.
- Citizen weather monitoring: An intro to CoCoRaHS (2015). Oklahoma State University STEM Teacher Institute. Stillwater, Oklahoma.